Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Superbowl and American Sports in Scotland

Dear Scotland's Pubs (especially the Golf Tavern),

Thank you Golf Tavern for showing the Superbowl on TV. I cannot watch it on my computer as I cannot pick up any sort of American websites with video and it was nice to do something completely American for once.

I will not lie though. It did make me sad. Silly American Superbowl...they just didn't do you justice here in the UK. There were no cool commercials...or funny beer ads...or hot wings. Just a lot of drunken Scottish people who don't really know what's going on...but that's ok. I appreciate the effort. (Ps. The game was bangin'!!! Go Saints!)

As far as for other sports Scotland....you really need to get to crackin' on something other than your "futbol." I don't even know if that's how you spell it. Maybe you spell it like ours - football. Anyway...the point is - I'm sorry I do not like soccer, but I don't. I could really use some basketball in my life. I won't even be picky and say Kentucky basketball because I know that is pushing it. But I know - I know! - you can at least give me a little NBA. And...yea....I am definitely going to need you to get me some March Madness real quick. I cannot do this not knowing who's winning what games during March Madness. It's just not gonna fly.

So...yea...work on that. And we'll keep in touch. :)

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment