Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hola! Coma estes? Muy bien!

Dear Barcelona and/or Spain,

I adore you. You are, without question, my favorite.

Although our trip started off a bit rocky, it was worth every single hour of flight delays, every wasted hostel euro, and the blisters on my feet.

When we finally touched down on your gracious land at 2:30 a.m. (2 1/2 hours after the last bus to Barcelona from Girona had left), I didn't care that we had just waited for four hours on the plane before leaving Edinburgh because the French air people were striking or that we had missed that last bus to Barcelona. I was just happy to be standing in the delicious, brisk 50 degree air where no rain pelted my body as it had been in Edinburgh.

Yes, we did have to attempt to sleep in the airport, which at Girona means on the floor. Yes, I did only get approximately two hours of sleep Thursday night, but the next morning, when the sun rose and and the brilliant blue sky lit up against the dark mountains and green terrain, I still fell in love.

And ah! Barcelona! You are beautiful without a doubt...old buildings mixed with terraced apartments, wide streets, and charming food shops! Bright colors line your streets and charming roads takes one to amazing places...sigh. To be back there now, in the warmth....

I will visit you again, lovely place. This is a promise.

Till then I am forever yours,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment