Thursday, January 21, 2010

Buses don't make for classes on time...

I've learned two valuable lessons today and they are:

  1. Doublecheck your schedule the day of your classes to make sure you know the times for sure.
  2. Having to ride a bus to class means it's impossible to get to class on time if you're running late.

Here's what happened...

I woke up this morning about 11-ish and was like "Yea, I've got some time before my 1 o'clock class." I took my time eating some oatmeal and a clementine and then got dressed while I was watching BBC for class. So it's about 12:05 and I decide to check out what room I'm in and I realize that CLASS STARTED AT 12:00. Such a problem.

I grabbed my stuff and ran out the door, yelling to my flatmate that I'd be back later. I practically run to the bus stop but guess what...the bus doesn't come for another eight minutes. Luckily it was that short. It finally came, but it was still a 15-ish minute bus ride. What that means is that at MSU realizing that class started five minutes ago would have gotten me there 15 minutes late at the latest. Realizing that class started five minutes ago in Edinburgh got me to class 30 minutes late, just in time for the last 15 minutes of lecture.

Guess I learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment