Thursday, January 28, 2010

Asda....and Scottish food.

Dear Asda a.k.a. The Walmart of Scotland,

Thank you for bringing the convenience of the United States to Scotland. Every time I walk in your overly bright interior, a sigh of contentment escapes my lips. Where else can I feel barraged by too many products and large signs proclaiming how much I will save right now!?

However, I do have a few complaints, Asda. Where are the broken carts? The ones that veer dangerously to the left...that you have to struggle with not to hit the little old lady who is moving at her own sluggishly old pace? These carts provide me with hours of entertainment. Also, where is the seasonal aisle? How am I supposed to know what holiday is coming up in 2 months? This is a problem.

It's okay though. I am making do. At least you are 24/7 in a country where all the shops close at 6 p.m. on a good day. Although I never get to make those 2:00 a.m. Oreo runs like I did in Springfield...for one thing, it is a 20 minute bus ride to you, and the stupid bus company charges extra for night buses. That is stupid, but not your fault, my lovely corporation-based store.

Ps. You should get more Pop-Tart varieties. Two varieties is not gonna cut it. Also, more brownie mixes. I'm from the land of convenience and variety; I need more than one kind of brownie mix that costs 2 pounds.

Anyway, despite your faults, I do love you. Thank you for being in my life.

Sincerely,
Rachel Spears

1 comment:

  1. ooooh! Oreos sound fantastic! I love your blogs. They are so classic and random. I look forward to reading them to give myself the little giggle that I must have everyday. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete